Athirapally (Bahubali-1) Falls, Bahubali-1 Movie Shooting Spot, Thrissur, Kerala.
Kochi is made up of numerous islands on the Vembanad, the second largest saltwater lake in the Arabian Sea and India.
What to see in Kochi: –
(1) Athirapalli Falls (Bahubali-1 movie shooting spot) – 72 km from Kochi, come by car or bus. India is called Niagara Falls. A lot of Bollywood movies have been shot at Athirapalli waterfall. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s ‘Guru’ movie ‘Barso Re Megha Megha’ song has been shot at Athirapalli waterfall. Originally famous since the movie ‘Bahubali-1’.
(2) Mukundapuram Falls: – If you go 10 km in front of the road of Athirapalli Falls, you will find a huge Mukundapuram Falls along the main road.
(3) Bhajochal Falls: – If you go 3 km ahead from Mukundapuram Falls, you will find Bhajochal Falls in Bhajochal Park.
(4) St. Francis Church – This church of 1503 is the oldest church in India built by Europeans. Vasco-da-Gama’s body was kept here for several years after his death in Kochi.
(5) Synagogue – Made in 156. In the Matancherry area. 9 km from the station.
(6) Matancherry Palace – Known as the Dutch Palace, it was built by the Portuguese in 1555 and presented to the King of Kochi. Next to the synagogue.
(8) Vipin Island by boat to Vipin Island – Vembanader half an hour cruise from Vipin Island in the afternoon. You can leave the regular steamer from the jetty of Kochi. Or you can go from Aleppo.
(6) Kaladi – Come by car or bus from Kochi, the birthplace of Adi Shankaracharya. Distance 44 km There is Shankaracharya Math. Several more temples. Ramakrishna Mission is nearby. The Periyar River flows by.
How to get there: –
Antyodaya Express is the fastest train from Howrah in Kolkata to Ernakulam. It leaves Howrah at 5 pm every Saturday and reaches Ernakulam at 6 am on Mondays. Weekly Gurudev Express from Shalimar. Departs every Wednesday at 11:05 pm, arrives at Ernakulam at 3:15 pm on Fridays. There is a bi-weekly Thiruvananthapuram Express. Departs every Tuesday and Sunday at 11:05 p.m. Arrives in Ernakulam on Thursday and Tuesday at 4 p.m. Apart from that, come to Chennai from Howrah by Coromandel or Chennai. The Thiruvananthapuram Mail leaves Chennai at 6.45 pm every day, arrives at Ernakulam at 6.45 am the next day. Departs at 20:45 and arrives at 8:40 the next morning.
You can also go by plane. There are flights from Kolkata to Kochi via Bangalore. Spice Jet, Indigo. The fare is 5500-6500 rupees per person.
Where to stay
There are a lot of hotels next to Kochi Airport and in Kochi city. You can get good quality hotels for Rs. 1200-1500.
One of the best hill stations in India. The height is a little over five thousand feet. Famous for tea-gardens. The mountain path is winding up through the tea garden. You can enjoy the cold from one night here in the rest of Kerala in the summer. Whenever you go to Munnar, take winter clothes with you.
What to see in Munnar: –
(1) Eravikulam National Park: –
Seven km from Munnar. Eucalyptus is famous for Thor. They are a mixture of sheep and goats. You have to enter the park by buying a ticket at Rajamala entry point. The car will move a little, then walk. You can walk a couple of kilometers across the mountain path through the sanctuary. Nilgiri Thor will surround you this way. You will find a beautiful fountain within walking distance.
(2) Pallivasal Falls: –
23 km from Munnar. There are many waterfalls around Munnar. Everyone is quite happy because it rains well throughout the year. After a few kilometers towards Kochi, a road on the left goes down towards Pallivasal. The waterfall will fall at the end of the path.
(3) Echo point: –
16 km away from Munnar on the way to Top Station. Echoes are here for natural reasons. A lake has been created in the waters of Mattupetti Dam. When you shout from the other side of the lake, you hit the mountain on the other side and it echoes. Boating is available on the lake.
(5) Kundla Dam: –
Seven km from Echo Point.
(6) Top Station View Point: –
Ten km from Kundla Dam, 16 km from Echo Point and 35 km from Munnar town. This view point is located at an altitude of 8,100 feet on the Tamil Nadu-Kerala border. From here one can enjoy the Western Ghats on one side and the valley of Theni district of Tamil Nadu on the other.
(6) Kathakali dance: –
You can enjoy Kathakali dance in Munnar. Kathakali dance shows are held every day from 5 pm to 6 pm. Tickets are Rs 300 per person.
(6) Body massage: –
If you go to Munnar, you must do full body massage.
How to get there: –
The distance from Kochi to Munnar is 130 km. You can rent a car from the taxi stand next to Kochi Airport. Buses from Kochi to Munnar will also be available.
Where to stay: –
There are many hotels to stay in Munnar. You can get a good quality hotel for 1200-2000 rupees.
Famous for sanctuaries. Elephants are the main inhabitants of this sanctuary located at an altitude of three thousand feet above sea level. There are many more species of animals including Royal Bengal Tiger, White Tiger.
How to get there: –
Kottayam is the nearest station to Periyar. Distance 98 km. Gurudev Express reaches Kottayam at 4:45 pm. The Guwahati-Thiruvananthapuram Express leaves Howrah and reaches Kottayam at 1.05 pm every Thursday and Saturday at 6.45 pm on Sundays.
Arren. 148 km from Kochi and 128 km from Munnar.
Alleppey Backwater: –
Alappuzha or Alappuzha, also known as Venice of the East. You can stay at home by boat at night. You can also rent a boat and go around during the day. If you rent it for 3 hours, it will cost around 1800 rupees.
What to see in Aleppo: –
(1) Aleppo Beach – The main beach in the city of Aleppo. Only 1 km away from the station. Here is the light house, built in 182. Tourists can enter the lighthouse every Monday to Friday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Entrance fee is ten rupees.
(3) Bikasanam Beach – Four and a half km from Aleppo Station.
(4) Thumpali beach – next to Bikasanam beach.
(5) Kuttanad – 21 km from Aleppo. The only region in India that is below sea level. Kuttanad can be reached by trawler from Aleppo.
The oldest seaport in India. Ashtamuri is famous for lakes and beaches.
What to see in Kollam: –
(1) Mahatma Gandhi Beach – The main beach of the city. There are international quality parks on this beach.
(2) Ashtamuri Lake – One of the main attractions of the city is this creek lake. Kerala Tourism Hotel on the shores of the lake.
(3) Varkala Beach – 25 km from Kollam. Beaches surrounded by numerous low hills. Watch the sunset from here. There is Janardanaswamy temple.
How to go
Gurudev Express and Shalimar-Thiruvananthapuram Express reach Kollam at 6:55 pm and 6:22 pm respectively. Kollam can also be reached by bus or car from Kochi or Thiruvananthapuram. Kollam is 138 km from Kochi. 64 km from Thiruvananthapuram.
You can end your trip in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of Kerala.
What to see in Thiruvananthapuram: –
(1) Kovalam Beach – One of the best beaches in Kerala and India. 16 km from Thiruvananthapuram. Kovalam with three beaches. Lighthouse beach, beach and wind beach. The beauty of the sunset can be enjoyed in the afternoon.
(2) Sammugham Beach – The nearest beach in Thiruvananthapuram. 9 km from the station.
(3) Neyar Dam and Sanctuary – 27 km from Thiruvananthapuram on the way to Ponmuri. The Western Ghats Mountains surround the dam. There is also a sanctuary. In addition to tigers, leopards, and elephants, various species of crocodiles are found.
(5) Ponmuri – Hillstation near Thiruvananthapuram. Distance 56 km. Elevation 1100 meters, or 3600 feet. Twenty-two hairpin bends crossed the road up the hill. There are two waterfalls on the road to Ponmuri. Kallar and Minmutti.
It is best to rent a car from Kochi for 7-8 days to visit the whole of Kerala. Then the hassle is less. Kerala is as beautiful as the picture. And the people of Kerala are very polite and helpful.
Let’s stop throwing garbage on the trip.