Dream trip How to go to Amiakhum and Nafakhum (Bandarban).

I will be immersed in the beauty of Amiakhum in the light of Chad on a night full of joss, or I will be fascinated to see the terrifying sound of Amiyakhum under the cloud-covered mountain as soon as I see it very early in the morning. I hastily decided to take advantage of the Victory Day holiday and take this opportunity to respond to Amiyakhum’s call. Departing from Chittagong to Bandarban in the morning, a large team of 30 people including more comrades from Dhaka left for Thanchi after having breakfast. After crossing the Akabaka mountain road, we reached Thanchi after about 3 hours and our guide Hasan was already waiting for us there. After finishing the formalities at the police station, I went to the wharf with a packet of lunch. Even though the water was low, I put on my life jacket and boarded the boat for safety. Seeing the beautiful scenery on both sides, I opened the lunch packet and worshiped my stomach. Oh, what peace. After about 45 minutes I landed in the mouth of Padmajhiri. By then the light of day had almost gone out.





As soon as evening came, I set out for Thuisapara on the path of inhuman suffering. Twice before, it took 6 hours to reach, so this time I made such human preparations. I thought it would be 12/1 o’clock at night to reach Thuisapara, but due to good walking speed of the team and not wasting time with less rest, I reached Thuisapara in 8 hours. There is no way out. The flashlight is certainly very useful in this trekking. Reaching Thuisapara, everyone was tired and exhausted. We left our bags in the room allotted for us, took a bath in cold water in Kankan and then went to the hill feast for today’s Aluvarta dal and hill rooster. After eating, I killed Napa Extra because my whole body is in pain and if this pain lasts till morning, I will not go to Amiyakhum tomorrow.










At 5:30 in the morning, the alarm was supposed to wake me up, but it wasn’t. After eating and without delay, I set off on a foggy path. Today I am dreaming of my destination for the purpose of the mountain of gods. After about an hour and a half, I reached the top of Devta hill after laughing a lot. Now it’s time to go down that terrible steep god mountain. It is not as difficult as people are afraid of, but if you are a little careful, it is very difficult to climb down this mountain of gods if you take it slowly. We came down in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then, without going to Amiyakhum, I took the raft and left for Naiksang. Although many people confuse this as Velakhum because they ride a raft here, but this time I was determined to go to the original Velakhum. I got off the raft at Naiksang and one of our teammates and our guide walked towards Velakhum. A huge rock and a slippery terrain. But so beautiful that it is not like expressing in language. Going a little farther, a cascade and a waterfall estuary create a strange beauty. The road to Velakhum is a thousand times more beautiful than just the difficult one. I walked for about 45 minutes and reached Velakhum, but I didn’t go deep as there was no raft there.











There was a huge python on its head, and I wondered if there was anything else in this forest. From there I started walking towards Amiyakhum with two plants of Shantana Puraskar. Again I went to Amiyakhum on a raft from Naiksang mouth. But alas there seemed to be a gathering of millions of people. So many brave people were giggling. So without further delay, I went to Satbhai Khum with two more brothers of the team and our guide Aung. The raft is also a boat, so it took a long time to reach Satvaikhum. Satvaikhum is a very quiet place surrounded by shunshan silence. Steep hills on both sides and the sound of rafting in the middle of it and the call of birds in the middle of a strange love. I took some pictures next to Satbhai Khume Jhiri and sat on the raft again but this time I have to get there quickly so everyone took the bash in their hands to go ahead with the beard but it was not very fruitful. At the end I told Aung to pull the rope of the net. On the other hand, this technique worked a lot, but I came back to Amiyakhum almost half the time, despite being against the current. By then the rest of our team was on their way back. Our guide Hasan was sitting alone in Amiyakhum for us. It was nice to go to Amiyakhum, the people Amiyakhum is now completely empty.

I sat for a while fascinated by the drizzle of rain. It was time to leave at the end of the guide’s chase. This time I climbed to the top of Devta hill in just 45 minutes. My stomach was churning with hunger because I didn’t eat anything after leaving in the morning. I climbed to the top and saw the rest of the team taking rest. After eating some biscuits, I lay down on the grass and started walking again with 15 minutes rest. When we reached the neighborhood, the evening aadhaar was approaching. Due to the scarcity of water in the neighborhood, no bath was taken that night. After freshening up, I changed my dress and went to eat. But seeing that the cooking was not over, I was trying in vain to forget my hunger by chatting. According to one of the brothers in our team, I ate the tree on this trip and also ate the floor, which means I am covering the most spots. Finally, the food came and we ate as much as we could with the mountain rooster. After eating, the rest of the bass tunes and chats, but for me, sleep is heavenly bliss.

Getting up very early the next day, everyone is packing their bags and getting ready. Today, the purpose of trekking is Nafakhum again. Quickly everyone got ready and started walking after killing khichuri and dimvaji. Go some distance

After seeing the olive tree, I saw the aggressive condition of all the members of the team. It seemed that olives are our national fruit. Of course, I also had two ripe ones in my bag. I reached Nafakhum in 3 hours. Again, those people are in a state of desolation. I met my dear guide Haran Bhai. After a pleasant exchange, I took some pictures and went to look for a life jacket.

One of the teammates has gone so far as to jump into Nafakhum only. Although it is quite risky for people who do not know how to swim, the hobby is 60 rupees. Arranging my life jacket and giving him a chance to jump from above, I was relieved a bit. The purpose of Remakri is to start walking again at the end of the rush. After walking for about an hour and a half, as soon as they reached Remakri, everyone got down to soak their bodies in Remakri Jhiri. After playing for about an hour, I got on the boat again and this time the destination was Thanchi. Lunch in the boat again and then flow through the big giant rocks of Tindu. Arriving at Thanchi, I boarded the moon car again and left for Bandarban. Arriving in Bandarban in the dead of winter, I ate fresh dinner and got on the bus again. This time it was my turn to return home. The dreamy journey of 3 days ended with landing in Chittagong at 12 o’clock at night.

How to get there: First you have to go to Bandarban from any part of the country. From there to Thanchi by moon car or bus. From there take a guide to Thuisapara.

Accommodation: Indigenous people in Thuisapara have to stay at home and they will also make arrangements for food. The cost of accommodation in Thuisapara will be 300-350 rupees per person. If you want to have a barbecue, the guide will arrange everything.


In trekking, you must take shoes with good grip.
You must take the flashlight because you have to suffer a lot in the mountains at night without it.
Be sure to bring a photocopy of your voter ID or birth certificate, otherwise you will not get permission from Thanchi.
Take the bag as light as possible and wear it at least once in the winter.
Don’t go into the water without a guide’s advice or life jacket.

Request: Do not leave any indigestible items you are carrying. Throw the dirt in the specified place. Remember you are going to turn around not to get dirty.


Leave a Comment